Experience the height of sophistication and elegance with a night out at one of the rooftop bars, offering breathtaking views of Venice’s magnificent skyline, or indulge in delicious cocktails at chic lounge bars dotted along the Grand Canal in this stunning Italian ‘floating city.’
For those who love to dance the night away, various clubs and discos await, featuring the latest hits and live music and performances for entertainment. The Venice nightlife scene has it all, check out our extensive guide below for all you need to know.
Venice is known for its romantic ambiance and cultural attractions, but it also has a lively nightlife scene.
Here are some of the best areas to experience the Venice nightlife:
- San Polo: This historic neighborhood is home to several trendy bars and clubs that attract a mix of locals and tourists. It’s a great place to enjoy a night out with friends, as you can find everything from chic cocktail bars to underground nightclubs.
- Dorsoduro: This student-friendly neighborhood is a hub of nightlife in Venice. It’s home to Campo Santa Margherita, a lively square packed with bars and restaurants, making it the perfect spot for a casual night out.
- Cannaregio: This neighborhood is located in the northern part of the city and is known for its bustling nightlife scene. Fondamenta della Misericordia is a popular spot for locals and visitors to gather and enjoy drinks and small bites in a fun and relaxed atmosphere.
- Lido di Venezia: If you’re looking for a beach party, head to Lido di Venezia, a sandy island just a short boat ride from the city center. During the summer, Lido comes alive with beach bars and clubs offering a vibrant party scene.
When enjoying the vibrant Venice nightlife scene, it’s essential to take precautions to ensure your safety.
Top tips to follow when partying in Venice:
- Stick to crowded areas: Venice can be dark and quiet in some areas at night, so it’s important to stay in well-lit and crowded areas. Popular squares like Campo Santa Margherita and the Rialto Bridge are usually busy and safe.
- Watch your belongings: As with any tourist destination, pickpocketing can be a problem in Venice. Keep an eye on your belongings and avoid carrying large amounts of cash or valuable items.
- Don’t drink too much: It’s easy to get carried away with the fun and excitement of Venice’s nightlife, but be sure to pace yourself and not overdo it with alcohol. This will help you stay alert and aware of your surroundings.
- Dress appropriately: Some clubs and bars in Venice have dress codes, so it’s best to check beforehand to avoid disappointment. Dressing in layers is also a good idea, as Venice can get chilly at night.
- Use official taxis: If you need to take a cab at night, use an official taxi service and avoid unlicensed taxis. You can find official taxis at designated taxi stands throughout the city.
By following these tips, you can enjoy the Venice nightlife while staying safe and having a great time.
If you’re planning a night out in Venice and wondering about the costs, here’s a breakdown of how expensive it can be to party in this beautiful city.
Here is a basic overview of what you can expect to pay to enjoy the Venice nightlife scene:
Nightclub cover: 10-20 euros (reduced cover charge on certain days of the week or during certain hours, so it’s always a good idea to check in advance)
Bottle of beer: 6-12 euros (less touristy areas and bars can range from 4-6 euros)
Craft beer: 7-15 euros (check the menu or ask the bartender for the current prices before ordering)
Cocktail: 10-15 euros (keep eyes open for bars offering happy hour specials)
Bottle Service: 100-500 euros (usually includes a reserved table and a bottle of premium liquor, as well as mixers and garnishes)
*1 Euro = 1.07 USD
Take a break from the tourist-packed hotspots and venture to Birreria Zanon, a hidden gem along Cannaregio’s tranquil canals. Locals gather for an authentic taste of Venice’s vibrant nightlife scene.
Sip on classic Spritz or try craft brews while snacking on mouth-watering Cicchetti and hearty sandwiches. Birreria Zanon is the perfect place to immerse yourself in the city’s hip, young vibe and soak up the ambiance of local life.
Il Santo Bevitore
Prepare to be blessed with a heavenly selection of beers at “The Holy Drinker.” This Cannaregio hotspot is a pilgrimage site for beer lovers with 20 beers on tap, including regional craft brews that will have you sipping and cheering all night. With sports on TV and free Wi-Fi, this place adds a Venetian twist to the classic pub experience. Travel around Italy with beers like Lambrate from Milan or Elav from Bergamo, or stay local with Lucky Brews. Whiskey lovers won’t be disappointed with their impressive selection of spirits.
Sipping wine in Venice has never been more exciting than at Vino-Vero. This charming Cannaregio wine bar offers a curated selection of wines. Each is carefully handpicked to satisfy the palate. Without any pretense, Vino-Vero proudly declares their love for wine with a witty sign that reads, “No, because we love wine.” Sit back, relax, and take in the mesmerizing view of wine bottles that reach the ceiling while watching life unfold along the canal.
The chalkboard menu features a rotating selection of wines by the glass, each carefully chosen to pair perfectly with the delicious oysters on half shell that line the counter. For those looking for something extra special, the wine cartons often list other tempting delicacies that are sure to please. Sip on a crisp Prosecco or a refreshing Soave while sitting at one of the wine barrel tables outside, and soak in the lively atmosphere of the canal-side neighborhood.
Osteria Ai Pugni
This lively hotspot, located near the university, boasts a diverse crowd of all ages and offers unbeatable prices that are hard to come by in Venice. The young and friendly staff will welcome you with open arms, and you’ll be surrounded by an eclectic mix of wine bottle chandeliers and vibrant local artwork that creates a playful and creative vibe. To top it off, once a month, a DJ takes over the space to keep the party going all night.
Located near the Church of San Giacomo dall’Orio, this wine bar is the perfect spot to soak up the local vibe and watch Venetians go about their daily lives with their dogs, kids, and friends. Choose from a range of Prosecco options, from bubbly spumante to unfiltered prosecco col fondo, and if you find one you love, take a bottle home with you. It’s the perfect place to escape the crowds and savor the authentic flavor of Venice.
Il Mercante is not just any cocktail bar, it’s a journey for the senses. Nestled near Campo de Frari in San Polo, this elegant and playful establishment aims to transport cocktail lovers to far-off lands. Sip on expertly-crafted cocktails featuring exotic spices and flavors like The Captain’s Death, a dangerous concoction of pepper-infused gin that will leave you feeling adventurous. With a clever menu key to help you dial in the perfect sweetness and intensity level, you can customize your experience.
alma de cuba
Alma de Cuba, nestled in the heart of Venice, stands as a beacon of vibrant Cuban culture. This club is a fusion of lively rhythms, enticing aromas, and a kaleidoscope of colors, mirroring the spirited soul of Cuba. Patrons are enveloped in an ambiance of exhilarating salsa beats and the clink of mojito glasses, creating a lively, festive atmosphere. The interiors, adorned with Cuban art, and the flavors of authentic Cuban cuisine, offer a unique, immersive experience, transporting guests straight to the lively streets of Havana.
Pachuka Beach Nightclub
Located right on the beach, this serene spot is the perfect place to unwind and indulge in delicious dishes. As the sun sets, the atmosphere changes, and the restaurant transforms into a lively dance nightclub where top DJs spin the latest tunes, adding a touch of excitement to your evening. From mouth-watering spaghetti in squid sauce to live music, Pachuka has something to please every palate and satisfy every craving.
Aurora Beach Club
During the day, it’s a laidback beach club where you can relax and soak up the sun on outdoor beds while sipping cocktails. But when the sun sets, Aurora transforms into one of Venice’s hottest nightspots, with a pulsing dance floor and romantic ambiance. The party continues until 2 AM, making it the perfect destination for those looking to dance the night away. With its stunning setting, lively atmosphere, and outdoor beds, Aurora Beach Club has everything you need for an unforgettable summer party experience.
Nestled in the vibrant Campo Santa Margherita, this lively hangout is a hit with students and budget-conscious locals alike. Unlike other venues in the city, you won’t have to empty your wallet to enjoy a drink here. Plus, with the bar open until 2 AM, you can keep the party going all night! Join in on beer-drinking competitions and mingle with a young, energetic crowd at Margaret Duchamp.
Venice is not just a city of romance and cultural attractions but also a hub of lively and vibrant nightlife. The city has something for everyone, from trendy bars and clubs to chic lounge bars and rooftop bars offering breathtaking views of Venice’s magnificent skyline.